Nascar Cup Series

Nascar Cup Series
Nascar Cup Series

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Results From Bristol

   Well, it only took eight hours, but Nascar got the race in (and just in time for me to leave for work).  Would have been a little pissed if I missed the end after waiting all day.  When they finally started racing the first time around, I thought Kurt Busch had made some great pit stops and had great pit strategy, unfortunately later in the race, he was taken out by his spinning brother.  When the rain started to fall again, you could hear the collective moan across the nation.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not recall them showing any banners that the race was moved to Fox Sports 1 at 7:00.  If not for me checking there on a whim, and seeing race coverage, I would never have known.  How eerie is that, when the final and phantom caution came out, that seconds later it began to rain.  Did someone have a premonition???   Nascar the next day explained that the flagman leaned over and accidentally hit a dead-man switch and no-one anywhere else knew where the button was hit.  What a strange ending. 
   In the big pool, Gary and Colleen with big scores moving them up. I had a mediocre week and feel two spots to dead last.  While Mark moved into 1st, James fell to third.   You will notice a slight change to the sheets for the big pool.  I added a column to show total points for the drivers on the bench.  Just gives an idead of what you are losing out on.
   In the half pool, everybody did quite well, except those who picked Kurt Busch and Truex.  I had a top pick with Concrete Carl and John M moved up 4 spots to 6th, while John L fell seven spots to 9th (ouch!).
   Check back next week to see the results for Fontana California.
Good luck all,
Paul




No comments:

Post a Comment