Nascar Cup Series

Nascar Cup Series
Nascar Cup Series

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Results From Homestead

     Ok everyone, the moment you have all been waiting for.  The results are in for the final race of the year and the final standings are set.  As you know, we accumulate driver points penalties as they are given out in real life and this year was no different, points were given out.  This year, the penalties didn't affect the outcome of the standings that much. John would have finished in 6th instead of 7th if no penalties were given out, and Gary would have had a bigger lead if he wasn't hit by 62 points in penalties.  
     James wound up in third place, 113 points out of first.  Colleen snuck into second, 94 points out.   And the big winner (1st time we have had a back to back winner) is Gary, who took the lead in the second week of the season and never looked back.  After his first couple of seasons in this Nascar pool, I know at least I wondered if Gary knew what he was doing.  But after the last two seasons, I now wonder if I know what the heck I am doing.  So, congrats to Gary, Colleen and James who have shown they have skills.
     I referenced about 20 posts ago, going to a different format next year in light of Brian getting screwed this year with Stewart getting hurt.  It has happened before, Mark who had Hamlin when he got hurt, John, who picked Vickers when he wasn't getting any points and last year with Jim who had Junior with his concussion.  My solution was picking the car number and getting the owner points for that car. We can still pick five drivers and race three, but if we used this years scenario, Stewart gets hurt you could still use Martin and the points that the 14 car accumulated.  Or, you could pick the 55 car and get the points that the 55 car owner gets.  No more need to know if the driver is committed to Cup series or Nationwide.  Ponder this and let me know if you are on board.
     In the half pool, Joe Spillane who had the lead for most of the half and had a 15 point lead going into the last race, fell to second when his driver (Newman) finished 17th and John Morrisey's driver (Hamlin) won the race.  This wound up being the closest finish in half pool history.  Congratulations John on your driver picking prowess.  Mom, Bryan M.... you need to do a little research for next year. :)
     Your winnings will be coming to you as I see you.  If you are going to show up at the bowling alley, let me know in advance, so I can bring it to you.
      Congratulations to all who played this year and I do hope you will all be returning for next year.  Please check this web page throughout the off season, as I will be updating regularly as I hear who will be driving in what cars in 2014, and I will also post blank forms for next years half.   See you all soon,
Paul





No comments:

Post a Comment